When we think of this word, we picture life altering, life long, irrevocable attachments.
Calm down. I am not asking for your hand in marriage, cuz…well, I’ve been married for 28 years to the same dude that I still kinda like. What this section is discussing are small, tiny, itty bitty commitments. Seriously, small. Chill.
1. 15 minutes of Product Time is small enough to not intimidate or overwhelm.
2. You can always convince yourself it’s not a big deal even if you feel anxious- “It’s only 15 minutes.”
3. It is far easier to find 15 minutes than it is to find an hour within our schedules.
4. Shorter commitment times mean you are more likely to show up regularly. In turn this strengthens habit building. Go you!
5. Repetition builds momentum.
6. Smaller time limits lower your expectations. We aren’t expecting perfect. Our goal is something- vs- nothing.
7. It is easier to eat an elephant one bite at a time. It is easier to work on a major project one small section at a time. Less likely to become overwhelmed.
8. When the time requested is only 15 minutes you are less likely to procrastinate. “It’s only 15 minutes- might as well get it done.”
9. When the time is this short you can truly let go of other things and focus on the time at hand. Your focus now has more focus. (HA! See what I did? I am so good.)
10. Once you get started, build a habit, and break through your procrastination, it is far easier to keep going.
This is where a small, itty-bitty, tiny amount of time can help push the writer forward. All you have to do is show up. For 15 minutes. 4-6 times per week. Easy-peasy lemon squeezy.
EXAMPLE: You are my Process Time. Writing this blog is my “fun” activity that get’s me in the flow. This gets my mind jumping around in the pool of creativity. Don’t you feel honored? You should, cuz now I get to go kill people in interesting and gross ways (on paper).
Next time we will chat about science-y things like Initial Inertia…and stuff.
Polish your sparkle and just keep twirling.
Find joy. Be joy. Enjoy.
I’m always looking for new friends!
Other places you can find me: