Documents for your brand.
- Be consistent in all phrases used for your brand. Taglines, beliefs, blurbs, sayings, and stances should remain the same across the board.
- K.I.S.S.- keep it simple silly. Don’t overdramatize what you offer. Don’t add extras that don’t need to be there. Edit.
- Watch your word choices. Repeated phrases can get boring. The best dinosaur ever is the thesaurus. If you don’t have one, one will be provided for you on the internet.
- Know your target and what they want. Create your phrasing to meet their needs. What are their issues and how can you help?
- What you put on paper and what comes out of your mouth should be the same. Practice your pitches and strengths when describing your work and skills.
We (writers) must work on our brands and that means we need to know how to do these same skills. Offer that as a way to work together to gain knowledge.
Time to write your resume. You read that right- resume. Daunting, I know.
Your brand is your resume. This is what you will use to “get the jobs” you want. You need to know how to break down your skills in a way your prospective clients can follow easily.
So, why are you unique and awesome and worth the time and money to do the job? Why should they pick YOU?
What amazing thing have you done that shows the world you are the best person for the job? Cool- now write it in a way that draws attention. Be classy yet spicy. Make it worth reading. This is the time to be creative. Creative doesn’t mean making things up- you must remain true and pure to your brand.
Your future truly is only a day away. Change can happen when you aren’t even looking.
Remember, this is a brand resume so stick to your brand. Use language and keywords. Stick to phrases that match your goals. Even pick your colors, font, and images with care. They really do matter.
If you wonder if you did it right, you can always check out Resumes for Dummies– just sayin’.
What are you waiting for? Write your resume.
Polish your sparkle and just keep twirling.
Find joy. Be joy. Enjoy.
I’m always looking for new friends!
Other places you can find me: